NJASL works on behalf of all NJ school librarians.
NJASL provides to all:
Advocacy support to help with job loss and book challenges.
Advocacy support to help strengthen school library media positions
Professional development opportunities.
Receive Updates with respect to state initiatives and legislation.
Members receive additional special benefits:
- Access to the NJASL electronic discussion list (Google discussion group).
- Access to Battle of the Books program resources
- Attend Board Meetings
- Receive Bookmark – our monthly newsletter providing industry news, updates and events.
- Receive conference and workshops discounts.
- Free Mentoring for new hires.
- Multiple Scholarship opportunities
- Network with over six hundred professionals
- Run for board positions
- Serve on committees and volunteer groups
- Voting rights
- SGOs and curriculum resources
- YouTube offerings
- Access to the Members Only section of the website
Becoming a member is a very important way for you to develop professionally and have input on the future of our profession and the programs we oversee.
Please send membership-related inquiries to: