Leslie Blatt, email@example.com
- 2016: Elizabeth Quinn (Littleton Elementary School)
- 2015: Elizabeth Ullrich (Cavallini Middle School)
- 2014: Deborah Schiano (Madison Junior School)
- 2013: Christina Cucci (Reynolds School)
The Villy Gandhi Leadership Scholarship is awarded annually in honor of Past President and school library media specialist Villy Gandhi. Villy is remembered for her extraordinary leadership, relationship with AECT and many other contributions to NJASL.
- Applicant must be a certified library media specialist currently employed in a New Jersey school library media center.
- Applicant must be an NJASL member.
- Applicant must agree to attend the Summer Leadership or the International Convention of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT).
- Applicant must agree to attend the NJASL Board of Trustees meetings and serve on a committee for one year.
- Applicant must agree to implement for NJASL at least one idea obtained at the AECT Leadership or International Convention. After attending the event, the person will write an article for Bookmark describing the experience and impression of the event, assist at the AECT Booth at the NJASL Fall Conference and prepare a webinar or similar form describing the experience at AECT.
To apply, please submit the following information:
- Name, address, email address, telephone number and school district, number of years as a Library Media Specialist.
- An up-to-date resume and a short biographical sketch.
- Statements on achievements and/or goals in the field, plans for future positions in educational media and volunteer experiences in educational media;
- Information about pertinent materials applicant has published or produced, if applicable.
- Statements regarding volunteer experiences in NJASL and its affiliates including county, regional, state and national organizations
- Two (2) Letters of recommendation from supervisor and/or administrators are required. A third recommendation can be submitted from a colleague (optional).
About the Award
- The annual scholarship will be to help cover the cost of AECT registration, hotel, meals and reasonable transportation costs, the total of which shall not exceed $1,000.00. Reimbursement will be made upon presentation of receipts and proof of attendance.
- Applications must be submitted by email to Leslie Blatt, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for applications is March 15.
- The winner will be notified by May 1.
For further information, please contact Leslie Blatt at email@example.com.